Sunday, February 27, 2011

the art of capitalization

my focused-laser interest in the use of capital letters
began when the use of "The Big-C" as a description for
cancer
annoyed me a lot

my response?
to never capitalize the word cancer
even at the beginning of a sentence
I do give in a bit when writing the name
of my cancer center:
Missouri (C)ancer Associates
but I still cringe when doing it

maybe that is why I write here the way I do, too
I am a bit tired of correcting things
I just want to get on with the thinking & writing
as fast as my two or three little fingers
will carry me along the keyboard

another use of capital / uppercase letters that
jars my psyche
is when communicating anger
in emails: you see it coming down the page and kinda brace for it:
ARRRG BLABLABLA YOU SAID THISANDTHAT SCREAMBLABLABLA ROAR-ETCETERA...
and when you get the words in BOLD RED LETTERS
you had better stand back from the computer because
the fire of wrath is going to scorch your hands
as well as do permanent damage as in a scar to your
spirit
even after the assault has been deleted
but never completely erased

it can go back and forth & on and on forever
unless one person finally says
enough
this is not how I want to live or speak anymore /
not going into that ring again

if there is an art of capitalization
wouldn't it be wonderful to set the
appreciation mode
gratitude keys
respect and honorific settings

the expressions of JOY and LOVE
the CELEBRATION of the uniqueness of each
Human Being
we are honored to meet and share Life with

I experience and express a wide range of
emotions
and revel in that aspect of being alive
my choice is to channel as much of my
expressive nature in a growing way

not always successful
yet ever watchful of veering off the road
of peaceful interactions
and getting back on track
many times with the help of my friends...

a shared art
the art of heartistic communication
where the simple rule of
mutual respect
allows us to find new ground
together

I LOVE YOU... I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU... BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS...
HOW BEAUTIFUL...
ENJOY... I WANT SO MUCH TO GIVE YOU THIS... DANCE AROUND THE FIRE: WITH ME!...
I HOPE we can use capital letters
to emphasize what is most meaningful.
with generosity
integrity
honesty
kindness
apologies and forgiveness when needed
a sense of gathering together in protection of each other
that would be a beautiful approach
amongst loving people

as for the big-c
I put it in its place:
little-c
the art of lowercase

4 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU TOO!
    there is such a lovely tone and tune in the air
    when we burst forth with that great and freeing
    energy
    that takes us all to a new place

    ReplyDelete