Thursday, December 15, 2011

different day than planned

life happens so they say
original thoughts included meeting with Janet if she had time

and also going to lunch
our annual Christmas outing with the staff girls
at HomeInstead
and I would have loved doing those things...
life happens
to have different plans
than my own sometimes

Bryan woke up sick
fighting the cold lingering from yesterday
getting worse
and I woke up feeling nauseous from the chemo
and we'll leave it at that.


it was quiet here
Bryan and I take good care of each other
...

then later I went out to the store to get things for him
and wore a fun hat my cousin Sandra gave me
my hair was wasted
and I had no desire to deal with it
so hide it I say

we are both feeling somewhat better this evening
and enjoyed our Yogi tea
"Relaxed Mind"
is the blend
with honey and the sayings on our tea bags:

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment."
"May your mind learn to love with compassion."

we'll drink to that and we will also be watching
"It's a Wonderful Life"
Bryan is watching it in Film Studies class
and yippee
he needs to get caught up since missing school today
now that's a plan I can live with.

and right before watching the film
I am going to put up a pretty ornament on our tree
a bell
an angel bell
from the movie set of ornaments
thank you, Debbie
can y'all hear the bell ringing?

3 comments:

  1. Hope you and Brian are both feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Gloria...
    I am so happy to hear that the "It's a Wonderful Life" angel bell is on your tree. When I found it in among my Mom's things, I knew it had to be yours. Enjoy!

    I'm glad to hear that both you & Bryan are feeling a bit better. Please know that so many of us are out here sending good positive energy your way. Big hugs to you!
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ring on Angel Bell!!! Hoping you and Bryan are feeling a whole lot better. Love and Hugs Jody

    ReplyDelete